Today I put a lot of time in getting the tank hidden.
A couple of things I may have done differently now that I’ve gotten this far. For one, the couch I ordered is a magic bed. Its sort of a hide-a-bed but with some minor differences. The reason I chose this couch is because its supposed to be the most comfortable bed when opened up. Only problem is this type cannot have anything put underneath it. So the tank had to set behind.
In this case, I should have made the tank taller and more narrow to take up less floor space. I made it this size because the tank sensor I had on hand limited the height to 13″. I could have gotten a second sensor and stacked them. The SeeLevel gauges lets you do that. In hindsight, I wish I would have made the tank more narrow. I could have gained about 6″ or so of floor space.
So now you know, the reason I ended up with this rather large cabinet in the front. As they say hindsight is 20/20. I’ll do the next one better :-).
I ended up laminating a top to match the rest of the trailer, and left an opening in the middle for storage.
To access the plumbing valves and the fuse holder, I made these small acess panels.
The entire counter top comes off with four screws from the top side. So If I really need access its not that difficult.
That’s it for today. Enough really. Tomorrow I plan on cleaning out the trailer all its tools and boxes and getting it ready for Monday….. …the polishing begins….by