Two more leaks stopped …. I hope

Durring the last couple of light rains I noticed water running down the window seal inside the curbside trailer bedroom.  Closer examination I found the original tape bedding for the glass had failed across the bottom.

pict0270f.jpg

I tried to gently loosen up the remaining tape, and CRACK! went the glass, both of them.  So today I stopped at the glass shop and had them cut me two new ones.  I had to settle for 1/16″ because they did not have 3/32″.  The nice thing about these 60’s windows is the glass was $11 each, any glass shop can cut for you.  Not some special expensive and hard to get window.

So I did not feel to bad about having to do this….

pict0266b.jpg

You guess it.  I had to break it out in peices in a controlled fashion.  It would have come out in peices anyway.

pict0271g.jpg

Wearing gloves I removed the larger peices of glass and dropped them to a waiting trash can below.

After cleaning up the old bedding tape and adding new.  I now have two new windows, that hopefully don’t leak.

pict0272h.jpg

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*
To prove you're a person (not a spam script), type the security word shown in the picture. Click on the picture to hear an audio file of the word.
Anti-spam image

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.