Spent today working on the bathroom.Â
The shower wall had this original green plastic wall paper.Â Probably very nice in 1960.Â But now it’s not too attractive.Â I ended up using a poly wall board to cover it up.
It was quite a challange to make a template to match that pattern of the wall.Â Turned out ok, but I need toÂ hang out with a boat builder for a day to learn how to do this right. 🙂
Here is a before photo of theÂ shower.
Here is the after shot with the new wall board in place.Â I still need to caulk the wall side.
Next it was time to clean up the original aluminum trim.Â I sealed behind it the same way it was originally with butyl tape.
I moved on to the sink and countertop in the bathroom.Â It is much easier to install the faucet and drain with the countertop on the work bench! 🙂
I used some rubber edging that I stapled to the side of the countertop to give it a clean installed look without having to use silicone, since that tends to crack and come apart in a trailer.
The countertop is set in place on the vanity.Â I have not screwed it down yet because I want to hookup the waterlines etc.
More to come…by